Health & Safety
Stop and Think
The goal of our safety program is simple… strive towards an accident free workplace.
We can achieve this goal by complying with regulatory requirements and following internal health and safety policy, by maintaining open lines of communication between management, employees, contractors and subcontractors, identifying safety hazards, and ensuring proper training and equipment, so that everyone can work safely.
Aardvark Drilling Inc. is committed to achieving a high level of safety in every aspect of our operation and at every level of our company. The importance and urgency of our work shall not undermine our commitment to work safely. We expect a similar commitment of safety from our employees, contractors, subcontractors, partners and suppliers.
Each Aardvark Drilling employee is responsible for adhering to the safety program, and taking an active role in its continuous development. All employees and others on company or client worksites are responsible for obeying all safety rules, following safe work procedures, wearing and using personal protective equipment, participating in safety training programs and informing supervisors of any unsafe work conditions. Everyone has the right and responsibility to refuse work when unsafe conditions exist.
Managers and supervisors are responsible for providing leadership for policy development, safety needs, responding to safety concerns, investigation of hazardous conditions and accidents, providing training, supplying appropriate safety and personal protective equipment, and ensuring all equipment is properly maintained and meets legislated safety standards.
All supervisors, employees, contractors, and subcontractors, and visitors who knowingly violate safety rules will face disciplinary action. Individuals who do not fulfill their safety responsibilities are accountable for their actions, and for any problems their negligence creates.
We pride ourselves on being an industry leader in driller safety and as such have created a comprehensive safety strategy.
- Comprehensive Heath & Safety Policy and Drilling Safety Manual
- Well defined internal responsibility system
- Third party training for all employees (First Aid, WHMIS, Propane Handling)
- Qualified Ontario Well Technicians
- Full-time Health & Safety Manager
- Joint Health & Safety Committee with WSIB Certified Members
- Accident/Incident reporting system
- Regular, unscheduled field inspections of drills and personnel
- Pre-start health & safety tailgate meetings and underground utility locate signoff
- First-aid kit, environmental spill kit and fire extinguisher on every drill rig
- Established and enforced code of professional conduct
- Employee evaluation based on direct observation and written competency test
- Client awareness seminars
For information regarding our Health & Safety Program, please contact:
Gregory J. Zehr, BES, CRSP
Health & Safety Manager
P · 519-826-9340
F · 519-826-9108
C · 519-820-5544
E · firstname.lastname@example.org